Summer Essentials: Dresses

Summer 2007 has been all about dresses, dresses, and more dresses! You’ve seen me fall in love with them over the past few months, from Mango to Monsoon.

Fayoor asked for a post dedicated to dresses so here are a few more dresses for you!

Where have you been buying your dresses from this summer? I’m interested in knowing if any of you need a dress to be a certain length before you buy it. The reason I ask is because it seems that length no longer matters. I’ve seen many girls pair short dresses with leggings, jeans or capris.

Do you care about dress length? Let me know in the comments!

Victoria’s Secret Embroidered Caftan

Victoria’s Secret Silk Trim Babydoll Dress

Juicy Couture Jersey Dress

Mango Dress

Mango Bubble Dress

Banana Republic Jersey Babydoll Dress

19 Comments »

1. Newq8Bride said,

July 16, 2007 @ 10:09 am

i love dresses , but with Hijab i have to wear jeanz with it , the leangth must be till the knee not shorter ( my husband rules ) :) this for me , but i love seeing girls wearing dresses mashalah they look cute and they r real ladies :)

2. rieaane said,

July 16, 2007 @ 10:25 am

I like the floral one from mango, OMG so cute and like Newq8bride i have to wear it with hijab and pants.

3. Chirp said,

July 16, 2007 @ 10:57 am

I am in love with the VS Emrodiered Caftan and the Silk one. Both have gorgeous colors.
    Summer is dress season for me, i usually wear knee length or a bit shorter, and leggings is usually a must as a just in case precaution (its too windy, etc.)

4. Ansam said,

July 16, 2007 @ 11:10 am

There are some nice dresses on the gap.com to be worn with leggings, but believe it or not.. I have not been to the GAP, nor Banana Republic, in the Avenues YET! LOL

5. Purgatory72 said,

July 16, 2007 @ 11:20 am

Women in dresses are lovely, I wish every woman wore a dress.

6. LayDeeLay said,

July 16, 2007 @ 11:32 am

ooooooooooo…..love em alllllll

7. Daddy's Girl said,

July 16, 2007 @ 1:02 pm

the last two dresses i bought were from powdertalk.com…

very nice ones especially that im a little chubby and not every thing fits me, one is navy colored o 3la elephants which is beautiful but a little short so i wear it with jeans o i took its headband with it to complete the look… i dont wear leggings with the dresses since my legs arent exactly stick thin but jeans would do…

the other one is the most beautiful dress on earth silky and colorful and big bold prints and it fits like a glove and feels soooo feminie but i have to wear something to cover the cleavage area (again cause im a little chubby) but its length is perfect just at the knee… my husbands rule is also (to the knee) + when i sit down my knees should be covered and not hanging in the street… that dress fits fine…

i also wanted that yellow dress pictured in Kuwait-Style for a reception but they were sold out of it :( i want to wear a short dress at a reception and until now i didnt find something that doesnt resemble a nighty and is dressy enough and wide enough to fit like that lovely dress :( i will keep looking i guess…

8. Mackay said,

July 16, 2007 @ 2:39 pm

I recently had a binge shopping at Mango - guess where?! - Philippines! They had 70% sale of everything! I am not usually a dress kind of gal but since it was vacation and it means being carefree I bought half a dozen of them! Back there I wear it plain, without jeans nor leggings, but here in Kuwait I probably should wear leggings under it. I will not feel comfortable otherwise. :)

9. shoosha said,

July 16, 2007 @ 3:13 pm

for me i like knee length dresses, i hate it when people pair them up with leggings, capris etc… ya3ni 7alata the dress that way ehawi ooo ebared :P baas il moshkilaa all the very cute ones are above the knees :(

10. Zahra said,

July 16, 2007 @ 3:20 pm

Newq8bride I’m glad you make use out of your dresses. I used to think wearing the hijba limited clothing options but that’s not the case in Kuwait! I think your husband’s rule is good. Do you agree?

rieaane yes we have the tendancy to turn the dresses into tops in Kuwait!

Chirp welcome to the blog! Victoria’s Secret is a popular choice in Kuwait and many girls order from the online site. It is a shame we do not have the store here. I liked how you wore leggings just as a precaution haha! What will you do when leggings go out of fashion?

Ansam will you ever? ;)

Purgatory72 I wholeheartedly agree. They look fabulous and feminine!

LayDeeLay and they love you back ;)

Daddy’s Girl Thank you for your long comment. I agree, it is very difficult to find clothing that fits just right. I’m going to try to look out for some roomy dresses that might interest you!

Mackay I’m glad you made use of the dresses as they’re meant to be worn back home! I have a question for you about the sale. Were items on sale there cheaper than items on sale here in Kuwait? Is there much of a difference?

11. bored said,

July 16, 2007 @ 3:59 pm

victoria secret makes dress’s?

12. Zahra said,

July 16, 2007 @ 4:22 pm

shoosha for me it depends on the person wearing it. Some people can make it work and others simply can’t! It is hard to find dresses that are the perfect length/right fit.

bored Yes they have a full range of clothing from shirts to shoes but they are most famous for their lingerie!

13. Mackay said,

July 16, 2007 @ 5:03 pm

Before I do a little mathematical equation in here let me just say I love the Victoria Secret dress!!! :)

Even if it wasn’t put on sale there is already a slight if not vast difference with the prices. Probably have something to do with the exchange rate.

The total cost of my 6 dresses plus couple of leggings plus 2 work pants was only 11,000 pesos or a screaming 70 KD!!! Now tell me if I can buy the same amount of stuff from the same store here in Kuwait? hehe. I think not, I saw the sale on Mango over the weekend with that amount I’ll only be able a couple of dresses and the pants.

The difference if not half is at least 1/4 plus taxes.

14. Yara said,

July 16, 2007 @ 10:45 pm

Love them all .. bs not the bubble dress coz a7es it makes us look pregnant :) Like q8bride i wear them with either smart trousers or jeans .. bs i dont like wearing jeans with knee length dresses.. with shorter than the knee dresses sort of mid-thigh i like.. shawagteni abi aro7 shopping 7adi :)

15. joud said,

July 16, 2007 @ 11:04 pm

the babydoll dress is the cutest

if i’m in kuwait the shortest i’d wear would be knee length or slightly above; if i’m in leb or europe, i can go shorter ;) but not into minidresses - how r u supposed to sit and move about ?

16. Ansam said,

July 17, 2007 @ 9:22 am

ohhh I found some cute dresses at the Top Shop - Sharg yesterday and bought a couple! Fayoor go check’em out!

17. Otilia Ines Beltran CaƱon said,