Hijab Fashion

What style and fashion magazines do you read? I’m an avid fashion magazine reader and my favorites are InStyle, Lucky Magazine, and Vogue.

As I was browsing a magazine stand the other day in search of new issues I came across a magazine I’d never heard of before, Hijab Fashion. Have any of you heard of it or seen it before? Does anyone buy it regularly?

Intrigued, I picked it up and flipped through it. My first impression was that, “No one wears the hijab like that!” Then I thought about it and realized that there have been some very unusual trends lately in Kuwait with hijabs.

Here is an image of the magazine so you can recognize it the next time you’re at a magazine stand. The issue was filled with outlandish fashion, from Pakistani and Indian inspired Punjabi styles to bizarre scarves they had piled on top of their heads. They even offer a page of pictures that show you how to put together a particular hijab look.

I must admit that I thought the imitation Adidas 3abaya was interesting. I would buy one with light reflectors if I had to go walking late at night. From what I can tell, Hijab Fashion is published in Egypt.

What are your thoughts on Hijab Magazine? Are you a fan? Let me know in the comments!

31 Comments »

1. Ansam said,

July 9, 2007 @ 8:13 am

If I had to pick ONE favorite magazine, then its InStyle.

Never saw that magazine! I will check it out next time.. interesting! heehee

2. rieaane said,

July 9, 2007 @ 8:50 am

The magazine is new to me however I saw this hijab style in Phil. worn by Muslim Politician wives.

3. Newq8Bride said,

July 9, 2007 @ 11:59 am

when i was in Egypt there were lots of Hijab mag , for me i didn`t like the styles heheh :) my favorite is glamour , instyle and cosmopoltain

4. dalola said,

July 9, 2007 @ 6:49 pm

Yes, i have seen it by e-mail . It’s not on fashion .

5. dalola said,

July 9, 2007 @ 6:52 pm

yes, i have seen by e-mail . It’s not on fashion .

6. D said,

July 9, 2007 @ 7:38 pm

wow thats v.interesting!iv never seen the mag but i guess its gota b done by someone! v.interesting, thanks for that!

7. chikapappi said,

July 10, 2007 @ 10:13 am

Hmm, never seen nor heard of it till now, seems like an interesting magazine and the team behind it is smart bas from what i see men el sowar you have, that is NOT the moda i wanna apply eb 7jabi… but its’s smart though….

8. chikapappi said,

July 10, 2007 @ 10:14 am

i left a comment here… what happened

9. bash said,

July 19, 2007 @ 10:09 pm

I am not sure about the styles in the magazine. though since im actually thinking of wearing hijab.. ( sometimes i have trouble thinking about that.. im just not so motivated about it ) . I find some girls in Kuwait have a great style of hijab.. not the ones that pile up on top as a mountain , nor the ones that tie on the side like a flower ,but there are some girls who actually make me want to wear hijab. they are so elegant they make me want to wear their long tops and jeans .. so classy.

back to the subject.. ive seen the magazine on the stands but never picked it up.. Now maybe i should , lets see maybe i can find good styles that suit my small face :)
    Thanks Kuwait-Style !

10. Queendom Hijabs said,

July 27, 2007 @ 8:36 am

Hi there,

This is Queendom Hijabs, a hijab line for active women and girls.

The address is http://www.queendom-hijabs.com

It’s based in Canada.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Q

11. Escargot said,

July 31, 2007 @ 12:25 am

Have you read the book about the muhajababes?

12. Zahra said,

July 31, 2007 @ 12:31 am

Escargot no I haven’t. Do you recommend it?

13. zoi said,

August 14, 2007 @ 2:58 pm

Assalamualaikum and Hello,
    Please consider placing a link to our website Muslimbase Hijab Store on your page. My web address is http://www.muslimbase.com. I will place a link to your website or blog on my blog if you like. The link is provided below for your convinience
    Muslimbase Hijab Store

14. tahirumys said,

November 23, 2007 @ 12:40 am

salam
    i would like to know where or how can i buy the magazine, i’m very interest, i live in miami. USA. here is very dificult wear hijab, i think diferents style may help me?

15. Moon said,

January 9, 2008 @ 2:28 am

Salam
    Yes i know how you can this magazine. I checked it myself. go to http://www.muslimgirlworld.com/
    I live in tampa bay Fl. i know it is so hard to find styles or buy anything.
    I hope this will help, let me know
    Good luck to everyone

16. sera said,

January 9, 2008 @ 6:04 pm

awsome…

17. malika said,

January 21, 2008 @ 2:44 pm

lah ybark fikom walahila lhijab ahsn mach3r zido gadmolna bhal had chi wjazakomo laho khayran

18. mozaya said,

February 14, 2008 @ 4:12 am

plz it is my marriage and i want help in some things
    my dress
    place of making wedding like a private villa with swimming pool
    my hijab
    my cake
    my make up
    plz if any one has help in this plz to send me amail
    and plz to give me some ideas about honeymoon in egypt

19. Saima said,

March 14, 2008 @ 12:47 pm

Can we get more pictures from this maazie - i think the hijab styles are fantastic.

20. rayhana said,

March 23, 2008 @ 2:02 am

vous pouvez me dire comment on peu faire le hijab comme les turques .S’il vous plait aidé moi .et merci

21. Jeehan said,

April 16, 2008 @ 6:18 am

i do not know how to wear like that pic but if i do that i need something to cover my neck because it is hard if my neck be off

22. Maryam said,

April 30, 2008 @ 2:38 am

Sallam allaykum,

Can you give again the link of the magazine? It doesn’t work, for me anyway. I have tried to find it but couldn’t.

barakAllahoufiki

23. rayann said,

May 5, 2008 @ 12:06 pm

is there anymore hijab styles? i like the ones i have seen lately. also looking for new styles too!

24. kaltoum said,

May 26, 2008 @ 5:08 am

ce n’est pas ca le HIJAB mes soeurs le hijab a pour bu de cacher la beaute de la femmme alors porter le hijab comme ca veux mieux l’enlever

25. abdi said,

May 29, 2008 @ 4:18 pm

give some images

26. hajar said,

June 1, 2008 @ 8:51 pm

salamo alikom alahe younsor isselam

27. hind said,

June 10, 2008 @ 1:16 pm

merci

28. hadey said,

July 27, 2008 @ 3:48 am

Where can I find this magazine?

29. Umm Zaynab said,

September 2, 2008 @ 3:36 am

Assalaam waleikum, my friend really likes the Hijab Fashion magazine on this page. Does anybody know where she can get this magazine? Or know someone who can get it for us?

Umm Zaynab

30. Dina said,

October 27, 2008 @ 1:55 pm

Yes I’ve seen the magazine and not only once, but several times whenever I go to Egypt in summer. It’s really nice and Egyptians are really fond of new hijab styles every year. I mean the young ones ofcourse. I even tried one of the hijabs in the magazine and it suited me. Even shops that are providing hijab clothes advertise through this magazine, so it is useful. I regularly buy from a shop called Carina, it has everything that a Muhajaba lady wants from bodies, clothes, scarves, underwear, push-ups, etc… Whenever I go to Egypt, I buy for myself and my friends here in Kuwait.

31. rukaiya said,

October 31, 2008 @ 8:57 pm

this is not the proper way of wearing hijab.be on your guard,you have to answer for this indecent “hijab” before Allah on the day of judgement!

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI